“HEALTHY SOIL FOR HEALTHY LIFE”
FAGMIL CELEBRATES WORLD SOIL FORTNIGHT
(5THDECEMBER 2015 – 19THDECEMBER 2015)
FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals India Limited (FAGMIL) is Government of India undertaking under the Ministry of Chemical & Fertilizers. FAGMIL was earlier a part of Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd., functioning as Jodhpur Mining Organization. It is engaged in Mining & exploration of mineral Gypsum.
Profile of FAGMIL
- 1952 – Initially established as GYPSUM DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY to supply GYPSUM to Sindri Fertilizers factory.
- 1961- Becomes Jodhpur Mining Organization (JMO) of The Fertilizer Corporation of India Limited (FCIL).
- July 2002 – GOI decided to hive off JMO as a separate company from the FCIL, considering its techno-economic feasibility.
- Feb 2003 – A new company in the name of FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals India Limited was incorporated.
- May 2004 – BIFR approved hiving off JMO into a new company namely “FCI Aravali Gypsum and Minerals India Ltd.(FAGMIL)” w.e.f. 1.4.2003.
Mohangarh Group of Mines
Suratgarh, Ramsinghpur Group of Mines
Bikaner Group of Mines
Objective of the Company
The main objective of the company is to establish and carry on in India and in any part of world all kind of business relating to Gypsum and other minerals and their by-products and manufacture of various types of fertilizers, all organic and inorganic chemical compound including by-products, derivatives and mixtures thereof.
- To mine and market Gypsum & other organic and inorganic minerals efficiently and economically in an environmental friendly manner.
- To effectively manage the assets & resources of the company to ensure a reasonable return on investments and to maximize internal resources.
- To work out diversification / expansion schemes for the growth and to increase the profitability of the company and promote forward integration consistent with Govt. Policies / guidelines.
- To venture into products of other fertlizers such as SSP etc in consistance with Government policy as guidelines.
- To continuously upgrade the quality of human resources and promote organizational and management development.
- To care for & protect the environment and also improving on the standards laid down by Pollution Control Authorities.
- To increase customers satisfaction by providing quality products & services.