Swacch Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Mission and abbreviated as SBA or SBM for “Swachh Bharat Mission”) is a national campaign by the Government of India, covering 4,041 statutory cities and towns, to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure of the country.
This campaign aims to accomplish the vision of a ‘Clean India’ by 2 October 2019, the 150th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. Specific objectives are:
- Eliminate open defecation by constructing toilets for households, communities
- Eradicate manual scavenging
- Introduce modern and scientific municipal solid waste management practices
- Enable private sector participation in the sanitation sector
- Change people’s attitudes to sanitation and create awareness
FAGMIL’s Initiative and Contribution:
Our Company has contributed ₹ 30 Lakh in “Swacch Bharat Kosh” in the year 2017-18.
Our Company has contributed ₹ 15 Lakh in “Swacch Bharat Kosh” in the year 2016-17.
Our Company took up the project of construction of 16 Nos. of Toilets (7 Toilets for Boys and 9 Toilets for girls) under CSR and Sustainability in year 2015-16.
We also completed the construction of 12 Nos. of Toilets (5 Toilets for Boys and 7 Toilets of girls) in total of 7 schools under CSR for the year 2014–15.
Swachhta Pakhwada ( 16th to 31st August, 2017)
In consonance with the directives of Department of Fertilizers, “Swachhta Pakhwada” was observed from 16.08.2017 to 31.08.2017 at the registered office and all the Area Offices/Mines of the Company.